Have you ever tried to log on to the VMware vCenter Server Appliance and got a “Password Expired” error? I have. Too many times to count (4). So here are the steps to fix it.
- Log in to vCenter
- Open the console of the VCSA VM
- Log in with the expired password
- Goto Troubleshooting Mode Options and enable SSH and BASH
- putty (SSH) to the VCSA with the root account
- type: shell
- type passwd
- enter the password twice (note: password can be the same as the old password)
- log on to the VCSA VAMI
- Goto Administration and change the expiration settings if need be
This will work for version 6.5 and 6.7. Not sure about 7.0 yet.